Thomas J Schugel, DDS of Prairie Village Kansas, is an Ohio native and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at Marquette University School of Dentistry in Wisconsin. Upon settling in Kansas City, he completed his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency through the University of Missouri in Kansas City at several area hospitals. He also served as an Associate Professor of Oral Surgery at UMKC for over ten years.
Dr. Schugel entered into practice with Dr. Richard C. Porch in Johnson County, KS and established the partnership that is Oral & Facial Surgery Associates today. As a member of both the American and Kansas Dental Associations he affiliated with several professional organizations.
- Board Certification with the American Association or Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomat of American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of Midwestern Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Past Chairman
- Member of Fifth District Dental Society of Kansas, Past President
- Member of American Dental Association
Dr. Schugel is an affiliated staff member at Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Overland Park Regional Hospital, St. Joseph Medical Center and Heartland Spine and Specialty Hospital. In addition to tooth extractions and third molar removal, Dr. Schugel’s field of excellence is in specialized dental implant placement and bone grafting technique as well as treatment of facial trauma and facial skeletal reconstruction (orthognathic surgery), tooth extraction and third molar removal.
Dr. Schugel is married and enjoys spending time with his family. He is also a golf enthusiast and enjoys numerous sporting and fitness activities.
Specialty & Clinical Interests
- Oral Surgery